Friday, August 26, 2011

Red Writing Hood ~ Week 1


Although I've been thinking about writing a blog for awhile now, I didn't actually create one until yesterday. A few weeks ago I started following Writing On Edge.  Every Tuesday and Friday they give prompts and you link up with your work a few days later.  I guess we can say this week's prompt was the 'straw that broke the camels back' to get me into the blog world:

Let’s lighten it up around here. And when I say lighten, I mean REALLY lighten.
This week’s assignment will require the fewest number of words ever: we want you to write a story – your choice of topic – as a tweet.
That’s right. One hundred and forty characters. Not words. Characters.
Make us laugh. Make us think. Make us want more.
Mostly, have FUN with this. You’ve earned it.



Here's my "tweet":

Death arrives but it’s not the end. There’s always more to come and people to visit as reminders. Let’s hope you’re not stuck as a bed bug 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to join WOE and create a blog! And such a great first response to the prompts...very thought-provoking and true words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh congrats on crossing over from lurking to blogging! Its a wonderful world. I liked the 'people to visit us as reminders...'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogland and Write on Edge!!! It's a great place to adventure, enjoy the ride! :>

    ReplyDelete